> MANAGER- RELIABILITY ENGINEERING- (JOB CODE: ESA-18)
Opening Date: 08-02-2023
AGE LIMIT: 50 YEARS (Genuine Candidates Only – From Different Nationalities)
Position Title: Manager – Reliability Engineering Job Title: Manager
Department & Section: Reliability Engineering Direct Manager: VP – Asset Integrity Management
Date: 8 February 2023 Shifting Schedule: No
Working Relationships (internal):
Working Relationships (external)
General Summary:The Prime contribution of the Reliability Engineering Manager’s Role is to improve the reliability and integrity of the Emirates Steel assets to ensure maximum availability at optimum cost.
Define, implement, and promote Asset Strategies and standards that will maximize equipment effectiveness and availability throughout the asset lifecycle. Key activities for this position include analysis and understanding of Mean Time Between Failure, Mean time to repair and leading improvements in maintenance practices and strategies that will focus on reaching operational excellence through enhancing Emirates Steel’s maintenance capabilities to deliver improved equipment reliability, decreasing repair and maintenance costs. The incumbent will lead a team of specialists and will be driving preventive and predictive maintenance improvements
|1.||Mechanical Maintenance Manager||Mechanical Maintenance Dept. – AIM|
|2.||E & A Maintenance Manager||E&A Maintenance Dept. – AIM|
|3.||Utility Manager||Utility Dept.- AIM|
|4.||Shutdown & Planning Manager||Planning Section – AIM|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities)
The Reliability Engineering Manager will be a self-driven change agent who guides and directs the overall reliability function at Emirates Steel.
- Custodian of Asset strategies management
- Optimization of Plant asset strategies throughout the equipment life cycle
- Defect elimination – RCA’s
- Performance management (KPIs)
- Risk-based and cost-effective Life Cycle Asset Strategies in place for all assets across site, developed and prioritized using RCM methodologies with a specific focus on equipment criticality (including preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance).
- Failure Reporting and analysis process in place to record and analyses equipment failures, defects, and losses
- Analyze (trending) operational data and equipment performance history to deliver improvements in critical maintenance related metrics including: Unscheduled downtime, Bad actors, PM compliance, mean time between failures, mean time to repair, Proactive activities.
- Defining, implementing, and improving the Condition monitoring program for all site’s assets with appropriate KPIs to assess its compliance, effectiveness, and value.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and reliability with operators, maintainers, and leaders though coaching and field support.
- Promote and drive a positive approach to change management
- Management of reliability engineers and their engagement and motivation which includes ensuring their training and development, performance management, reward, and recognitions etc.
- Ensure engineering strategies with a 5 year look ahead with regards to Shut down around management.
- Strategic Contribution:
- Ensure Optimized Asset Strategies focusing on Asset Integrity & Reliability.
- Obtain approval and Implement the Annual Plan, Policies & Procedures for the Reliability Department to enable the achievement of Emirates Steel agreed Business Objectives.
- Periodic review to align with Corporate Objectives. Initiate Implement and Manage Plan.
- Provide professional advice and support to all levels of the business on Reliability related issues to ensure the production capability of the business is optimized.
- Ensure the effective achievement of Reliability functional objectives through leadership in maintenance function – setting departmental & individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to ensure that the highest level of performance is achieved.
- Budgeting & Cost Control:
- Assist in Preparation & Management annual budget and operating plans that accurately represent anticipated mechanical maintenance & development costs to allow accurate business planning and cost management. Budgeting and Control includes followings:
- Preparation, review and Optimize Annual OPEX Budget requirement with proper justification for each of the Cost Centers of EAMD.
- Preparation, review, and Optimize Annual CAPEX Budget requirement with proper justification for each of the Cost Centers of EAMD.
- Presentation of required OPEX & CAPEX budget and getting approval from relevant approval authorities.
- Review and Close Monitoring & Cost Control of Actual OPEX & CAPEX Cost to ensure cost saving, keeping Maintenance Cost in line with best practice in Steel Industry.
- Organization Development:
- Define an optimum organization structure for the Reliable Engineering Department so that resources are optimally utilized, and communication can take place in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for recruiting the manpower with the required skill & competencies amongst available & plan their deployment.
- Conduct employee performance review based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and performance & enhancement of the same.
- Operational Management:
- Direct the planning, allocation of resources and oversee the implementation of appropriate process, controls, and instructions in the Reliability Engineering Department to ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Personally, resolve critical problem to minimize the production downtime.
- Respond to emergencies, ensuring that operational targets are not unnecessarily prejudiced by breakdowns and losses are minimized.
- Provide technical input for the resolution of major mechanical problem to minimize down time and enhance plant performance.
- Maintenance Planning:
- Develop the mechanical maintenance program in a systematic and predictive manner, so that the unplanned shutdowns are minimized.
- Recommend & Coordinate with third party maintenance services provider to ensure availability of resources in a timely manner.
- Trend analysis of key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance etc.
- Capital Planning:
- Recommends capital expenditure in line with Asset Life strategies to ensure physical capability to meet its strategic objectives.
- Direct the ongoing review of the physical condition of all physical assets in the Mechanical Maintenance Department to ensure that those assets are in a suitable condition to allow the organization to fulfill its strategic objectives and they comply with any relevant legislation.
- Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Direct & follow-up all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures, and controls across the Reliability Department to promote awareness on employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products / services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- HSE responsibilities includes, but not limited to followings:
- Lead from front by ensuring meeting all personal HSE Leading KPIs.
- Setting HSE KPIs for Team & ensuring full compliance.
- Direct, Maintain and ensure Maintenance Team to follow Emirates Steel Health, Safety and Environment procedure through regular Audits and timely closure of H&S related Actions.
- Policies & Procedures:
- Direct the development of policies covering all areas of the Reliability department so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective services to customers.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities (attributes) required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work effectively with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP, and instruct others on its operation.
- Effective communication skill and leadership
In-depth knowledge of steel making process i.e. Direct Reduction, Steel Melting, Billet Casting, Re-bar rolling and Material handling equipment.Experience with repairs and maintenance of processing equipment.
- Problem Solving Complexity and Horizon:
- Leads multi-disciplined teams during identified shutdowns across the steelworks site.
- Diagnose and analyze problems with shutdown management and initiate solutions and continuous improvement.
- Integrates relationships between plant operations and Shutdown Management office and methodologies.
- In depth knowledge of Reliability management systems and processes
- Possess unquestioned reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
- Builds the trust of others both internally and externally
- Demonstrate innate business intellect, achievement orientation and competitive spirit
- Exudes confidence, yet be without strong ego needs; is self-aware and open to feedback
- Show courage to make decisions, yet is patient to make the right ones
- Model resilience and flexibility; adapts well to new circumstances and adversity
- Demonstrate a bias to working in a team-oriented fashion, supporting other’s success
Minimum Education Qualifications (Must Haves) Any preferred professional training (Nice to have)
|· University Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.||· Asset Management|
|· Reliability Maintenance Management||·|
Professional Experience (Must haves) Previous Experience/exposure Recommendations (Nice to have)
Key Performance Indicators
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) and MTTR (Mean Time To Repair)
- Plant availability
- Reactive vs. planned work ratio
- Actions resulting for condition-based inspections, (Corrective actions)
- RCA completion and improvements
- Plant modification compliance
- Cost and budget delivery
- Record, report and manage to metrics as per Corporate requirements
- Drive Health & Safety Culture
- Planning, Executing & Decision Making
- Commitment to Result & Quality
- Innovation & Change Management
- Leadership & Developing People
- Effective Communication
- Customer Orientation