> MANAGER – PROJECT ENGINEERING
Opening Date: 19-01-2023
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project planning systems, particularly with respect to plant construction
- Knowledge of DRI, steel making and rolling processes
- Conversant with Engineering Standards, safety requirements and regulations
- Excellent organizational, negotiation and leadership skills
- Strong commercial awareness and cost effectiveness.
- Capability of directing one or multiple projects at a time
- A broad understanding of Production line functionality, particularly with respect to performance and operational capabilities
Minimum Education Qualification (Education Degree)
Bachelor in Engineering
Any preferred professional training
- Project Management Professional
- Management Qualification
Professional Experience (Must haves)
Minimum of 10 years Project Management experience.
Project Management experience in Mega Projects ( 100 Million Dollars and above)
Previous Experience/exposure Recommendations
Previous experience of working in the Middle East
AGE LIMIT: 50 YEARS (Genuine Candidates Only – From Different Nationalities)
General Summary To specify, monitor and control Execution of the projects and the related activities in a safe, cost effective and timely manner in order that the project objectives are achieved in line with ES requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing project & contractor personnel and their activities to ensure that projects are executed safely, on time, within budget and achieve their overall project objectives.
- Manage multi projects within ES.
- Ensure that project activities are carried out in compliance with ESI Safety, Environmental & Engineering standards through the close monitoring of all project activities.
- Coordinate and liaise with the relevant departments, the development of a project planning mechanism for monitoring progress against the plan.
- Ascertain that all corrective actions are agreed and implemented at the applicable level
- Ensure that ESI requirements, standards and procedures are detailed in all project specifications and that these standards and procedures are current with industry best practice.
- Set specification & establishing projects and tender Bids document
- Put specification to start a project including scope of works to invite Bidders according to ES & both local and international codes and regulations.
- Review contract/tendering documentation, to ensure a thorough resourcing of requirements for respective project segments, including staffing to ensure that these are accurate and realistic and that all necessary supply resources have been arranged
Essential Duties and Responsibilities(Contd)
- Monitor the Contractor construction activities to ensure plant and equipment is constructed according to specifications and international standards.
- Proper assessment for the remaining resources of contractor, consultant etc.
- Detect &Assess weak areas to be strengthened during project execution and taking corrective measures.
- Carry out reviews of contractor performance both during and post project completion.
- Coordinate the development of project proposals.
National Development Program:
- Assist in developing U.A.E. national trainees / employees to prepare them for acquiring targeted positions in line with IDP developed as per company policies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment: Assist in the hiring of qualified project personnel.
- Handle recruitment tasks that are delegated based on company corporate policies.
- Provide appropriate motivation and guidance to staff in order to ensure that projects are equipped with the necessary skill base and that staff are enabled to maximize their potential and contribution to the project, and Company, on the whole.
- Act as Company’s official representative with clients, suppliers, partners and third-party contractors etc., negotiating terms and conditions where necessary, ensuring that Company interests are protected and optimized.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and approve and manage the implementation of technological advances to enhance the department / company’s capabilities.
- Any other duties assigned by the reporting manager.
Key Performance Indicators
- Projects delivered safely · Projects completed within budget
- Projects achieve their objectives · Projects delivered on time
- Achieving Results: Targets Efforts: Focuses relentlessly on the key priorities
- Customer Service: Meets underlying needs: Tailors products and solutions to meet the needs of customers
- Initiative: Acts 6 months+ ahead of time: Identifies and seizes opportunities further than 6 month
- Behavioral Competencies
- Commitment to Result & Quality (Middle Management & Senior Employees)
- Customer Orientation
- Drive Health & Safety Culture (Middle Management & Senior Employees)
- Effective Communication (Middle Management & Senior Employees)
- Innovation & Change Management
- Leadership & Developing People
- Planning, Executing & Decision Making
Technical Competencies / Working Condition Requirement
- Concussion Low
- Dirt Low
- Dust Level Low
- Exposure to Chemicals Low
- Exposure to light Low
- Exposure to sun Low
- Gases & Vapors Low
- Heat Level Low
- Hindering Safety Gear Low
- Humidity Level Low
- Lack of light Low
- Noise Level Low
- Oil & Grease Low
- Risk of Accident Low
- Risk of Cold Low
- Working in heights Low
Forward CV’s to email@example.com
For any further enquirers feel free to contact the following nos.
HELPLINE NUMBER: +91-9820020511 / Landline N0: +91-24446677 /11