> TECHNICAL MANAGER – STEEL MAKING PLANT OPERATIONS
Opening Date: 24-02-2023
AGE LIMIT: 50 YEARS (Genuine Candidates Only – From Different Nationalities)
Job Title: Technical Manager Position Title: Manager
Department & Section: SMP 1 & 2 Direct Manager: COO
Shifting Schedule: No
Working Relationships (internal): Working Relationships (external)
• Supply Chain Management * External Suppliers for product development
• Training & Career Development • External suppliers for equipment/tools development
• Engineering Department * External university/college to improve upon the curriculum required for national development
• Human Capital
• Technical Services
• Quality Assurance
• Direct Reduction
• Rolling Mills
• Safety Department
• Facilities & Services Management
• Senior Management
• To assist the Senior Manager Primary production and the COO in all technical areas related to Steel Making including Planning, organizing and coordinating, budgeting and cost control. Also, assigned with the responsibility of managing and controlling the Operations of SMP-1 and SMP-3, in addition to mentoring the UAE nationals assigned in SMP-1 and SMP-3 (Supervisors, Section Heads and Assistant Managers) to bring their technical competencies to the required levels.
Please list 3-4 jobs that are similar in hierarchy which exist within the organization that support the company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities)
• To assist Senior Manager Primary Operations in all technical areas related to Steel Making Plant.
• Ensure that the activities required for operations are carried out in a timely manner to achieve smooth production corporate goals.
• To build and ensure availability of motivated work force to carry out the activities of the SMP department. Maintains an optimum organisation structure to ensure the maximum utilization of resources.
• Develop and obtain approval for annual operating plan and propose accurate annual budget required to effectively implement the corporate operational plan
• Effectively manage requirement of production within the allocated and approved budgetary provisions to ensure cost effectiveness
• Impart knowledge building training for sub ordinates to ensure overall growth of Steel Making Department
• Planning, methods, production, maintenance and QC activities of the foundry.
• Reverse engineering and metallurgy of new product.
• Ensuring optimum output at minimum cost from melting, molding, core making and finishing sections.
• Oversee the incorporation of safety related work instructions and ensure that all Health safety features in the steel making department are working. Interprets company policy to sub ordinates to enforce safety regulations.
• Ensures that Steel making plant and its surrounding is maintained clean and free of any obstacles or encumbrances.
• Responsible for providing professional advice and support to all levels of the business on steel making plant related issues to ensure optimization of the production capability.
• Develop suppliers for spares and consumables to minimize lead times and optimize stock aimed at optimizing production cost
• To ensure compliance to a robust quality management system so that the entire product meets the customer expectations and non-conformance is minimized.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• To coordinate imparting of training for NDP trainees
• To provide mentoring and training for UAE nationals working in SMP-1 and SMP-3 (Supervisors, Section Heads and Assistant Managers) with a view to elevate their technical competencies to the required levels to enable them to lead Steel Making Plants safely and independently in the future.
• To participate and delegate responsibilities in company meetings and seminars to share and exchange knowledge.
• To take the lead to plan and coordinate with Procurement to develop potential suppliers for the tools and consumables required for the EAF/LF section to carry out uninterrupted and quality production.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities (attributes) required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
• In-depth Technical knowledge of steel making refractories
• Good Knowledge of Engineering drawing
• Good Planning Skills
• Knowledge of and ability to manage budget costs
• Communication Skills
• Managing human resources
Minimum Education Qualifications (Must Haves) Any preferred professional training (Nice to have)
• Minimum Graduate in Mechanical/Production/ Metallurgy • In-depth technical Knowledge of steel making and casting operations
Professional Experience (Must haves) Previous Experience/exposure Recommendations (Nice to have)
• Around 20 years with 5 Years in manufacturing industry • Around 5 Years with a mill producing steel using DRI
Key Performance Indicators
• To ensure that all relevant safety, health, environmental management policies & procedures are controlled through the department to guarantee employee safety
• To ensure plant availability for production within the targets set out in the corporate objectives
• To ensure that the production figures are achieved within the approved/allocated budget for the department.
• Meet the Emiratization Target
• Compliance to all Audit Action Points, on time
• Drive Health & Safety Culture
• Growing Sustainability ensuring Business Continuity
• Creating an Engaged Environment
• Commitment to Result & Quality
• Correlation & Networking
• Leading, Managing & Developing People
• Leading Change
• Customer Orientation: Meets underlying needs: Tailors products and solutions to meet the needs of customers.
• Initiative: Acts ahead of time: Identifies and seizes opportunities ahead
• Integrity: Speaks Out: Confronts malpractice or when others do not act professionally or ethically
• Commercial Awareness and control of cost and consumption
• Partnering & Teamwork: Builds Team Spirit: Does the things which build team morale and identity
• Exercising Accountability: Challenges Poor Performance: Monitors performance closely until it is on track
Forward CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further enquirers feel free to contact the following nos.
HELPLINE NUMBER: +91-9820020511 / Landline N0: +91-24446611