> EXPERT MASTER DATA OFFICER ( Sap Key User )
Opening Date: 19-01-2023
AGE LIMIT: 50 YEARS (Genuine Candidates Only – From Different Nationalities)
Working Relationships (internal): Working Relationships (external)
||· SAP consultants
· Other IT consultants
· PM module experts
· ERP specialists
General Summary: The role is responsible for master data management of the SAP Maintenance module and Subject matter expert and trainer of SAP maintenance modules. The role is primarily responsible for processing of master data requests to capture as built revisions, project implementation and management of change completions, such as Functional Location and Equipment, BOMs, Documentation, PMs and Task lists. The generation and maintenance of KPIs related to Work Management and Process compliance is also included in this role.
|1.||Systems Analyst Operations||Business Applications & ERP|
|2.||Works management Specialist||Asset Integrity Management – Planning & Shutdowns|
|3.||Cost Controller||Asset Integrity Management – Planning & Shutdowns|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Account abilities)
To support the long-term adoption and integration of SAP into the site work management and maintenance information system, this role will execute training and coaching to SAP users on the site.
- Key SAP standard control and governance for all site planners with regards to maintenance modules and works management.
- Process all mechanical and electrical Master Data requests that are submitted through the SAP Notification process. This may also include, as necessary, the coordination of bulk upload of master data for projects and system improvement.
- Perform training and coaching to site SAP users according to site work management standards and aligned to Emirates Steel training documentation.
- Master Data requests include Functional Locations, Equipment, BOMs, PRTs, Documents, Work Centers, Maintenance Plans and Items, Measuring Points and Class and Characteristics.
- Govern the Master Data site standards and procedures, including naming conventions, standard definitions and value tables, aligned to the Global Standards for Master Data.
- Assist in maintaining the equipment tag number generation process for mechanical and E/I equipment, and seek avenues to incorporate this process into SAP
- Coordinate refurbishment process related to Master Data – install and dismantle of Equipment from the Functional Location hierarchy.
- Generation of compliance reports and KPIs that identify improvement areas and compliance gap in the usage of SAP on the site.
- Act as Key Site contact for business impacts on site SAP works management related system, including planned outages, new functionality, user issues and fault finding
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and regression testing as required for maintenance SAP modules
- Govern the SAP Authority access and Security Matrix for the Asset management based on positions and accountability.
- Assist with long term budget development SAP transactions and preparation across site, leveraging PM Master Data details
- Strategic Contribution:
- Ensure the alignment of Strategic SAP updates with business direction
- Ensure SAP maintenance module governance with upgrades
- Development and benchmarking with industry standards and developments
- SAP maintenance work module system Subject matter expert for Emirates Steel
- Budgeting & Cost Control:
- Assist with set-up of SAP budgeting reports and cost management.
- Accurate PM cost management and maintenance of the systems.
- Assist with information and reports for Annual Budgets with regards to Shutdowns costs & development costs to allow accurate business planning and cost management. Budgeting and Control includes followings:
- Preparation, review and Optimize Annual OPEX Budget requirement with proper justification for each of the Cost Centers of Asset Integrity Management
- Operational Management:
- SAP Maintenance module and works management Subject matter expert.
- Personally, resolve critical SAP problems with regards to maintenance modules and integration to ERP systems.
- Work management:
- Maintenance of PM and maintenance modules to ensure data is up to date and current.
- Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Living Emirates steel core safety values and compliance to personal safety KPI’s and Emirates steel safety standards and mySHEQ requirements.
- Policies & Procedures:
- Governance of SAP maintenance module standards for Asset Integrity Management
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities (attributes) required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- In-depth knowledge of steel making process i.e. Direct Reduction, Steel Melting, Billet Casting, Re-bar rolling and Material handling equipment.
- Experience with repairs and maintenance of processing equipment.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work effectively with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP, and instruct others on its operation.
- Effective communication skill and leadership
- Problem Solving Complexity and Horizon:
- Leads multi-disciplined teams during identified shutdowns across the steelworks site.
- Diagnose and analyze problems with shutdown management and initiate solutions and continuous improvement.
- Integrates relationships between plant operations and Shutdown Management office and methodologies.
- In depth knowledge of shutdown management systems and processes
- In depth works management knowledge
- Ability to effectively lead a team of people and manage interdependent relationships with various stakeholders
- Solid exposure to maintenance planning, KPI setting and reporting
- High level of attention to detail
- Specific understanding of master data and its control mechanisms (Security)
- Understanding of SAP security and its application (objects, roles and positions)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders to understand customer requirements
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- High level report writing skills and computer literacy
- Customer Orientation
- Advanced understanding of SAP Business Intelligence reports
- Advanced understanding of configurable objects in SAP
Minimum Education Qualifications (Must Haves) Any preferred professional training (Nice to have)
|· Preferably Electrical or instrumentation University Degree
· Possibly Electrical/Instrumentational Trade background
|· Project management – EPCM relevant training
· Maintenance Management Diploma
· SAP PM module expert
· SAP FICA
· SAP Materials Management
Professional Experience (Must haves)
- 5 years relevant experience in heavy continuous manufacturing industry, preferably Integrated Steel manufacturing industries
Key Performance Indicators
|· Safety objectives
· Master data backlog
· Master data completeness
· Master data ease of use and efficiency
· Master data accuracy
· Emirates steel maintenance module SAP competency
· Adherence to Standardized up to date SAP data and tools
· SAP generated KPI efficiency for works management
|· Conduct Audit to ensure adherence to plans, policies & procedures.|