|Head of Section – Engineering
|Manager – Engineering & CWS
|Engineering & CWS
|SALARY – Approx. QAR. 28K / Month Including Housing
+ Other Benefits as per QS Policy
-Age Limit: 30 – 50 Years
7. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
§ Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent from a reputable university.
§ Minimum of 20 years of experience in Engineering & Projects at Senior Level
§ Manufacturing/ steel industry experience is preferred.
Job-Specific Skills (Generic / Technical):
§ Proficiency in English
§ Ability to provide strategic direction and swiftly adapt the plans in line with changing trends.
§ Deep understanding of operations in manufacturing business and related industry.
§ Advanced leadership skills and ability to manage personnel in a multi-cultural work environment.
§ Strong communication and presentation skills.
§ Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills.
§ Excellent decision-making & problem-solving skills.
§ Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
2. JOB PURPOSE:
To manage and control Engineering Section functional activities related to Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Electrical, Cad Lab and CAPEX/OPEX Projects in order to ensure cost effective engineering services that meet the current and future needs of the production process and hence support the achievement of corporate objectives. To oversee the Project Management comprising Project Execution and corresponding Cash Flow monitoring to high standards.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Lead effective implementation of engineering projects and studies for plant expansions and modifications by delegating as required the project work to respective Engineers.
- Develop and implement procedures covering all engineering activities so that projects are sourced in a cost-effective manner and are always available to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that proper basic engineering is done, scope of work is defined and tender strategy is devised to control the cost of the projects.
- Develop and manage annual budgets and operating plans in order to allow accurate business planning and cost management.
- Carry out necessary feasibility study in coordination with user department and finance department to prioritize the projects.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Engineering Section strategy by following objectives, managing individual and team performance in order that the highest levels of performance are achieved.
- Co-ordinate with other departments for the civil maintenance plan to minimise plant downtime and achieve objectives of maintaining the plant civil assets and plant reliability.
- Provide leadership, motivate, develop reporting staff to ensure that the function has the necessary skill base and that staff are enabled to maximize their potential and contribution in providing services across the Company.
- Develop staff in line with Qatarization and Succession plans ensuring that future plans are met by highly qualified, committed and motivated staff.
- Ensure availability of sufficient manpower, skill sets and up-to-date hardware/software in department for projected work load.
- Direct and control the engineering functions to support HSE functions in the achievement of high standards of safety, security, and environmental control, meeting best in class standards for incidents.
- Provide professional advice and support to all levels of the business on the full range of engineering issues to ensure that the Engineering capability of the business is optimized.
- Ensure effective cascading of the divisional strategy into sectional business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing strategies.
- Direct the development of the Qatarization strategy in alignment with Qatar Steel and Qatar national objectives to attract, develop, retain Qatari Nationals to establish a qualified talent pool and support Qatarization targets.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the assigned section by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating staff to maximise sectional performance.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned section, collaborating with technical/discipline experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Manage the implementation of the Qatarization program to ensure focused recruitment, development and monitoring of Qatarization KPIs to attract, develop, retain Qatari Nationals to establish a qualified talent pool and support Qatarization targets.
Budgeting and Financial Planning
Manage the preparation and recommend the sectional budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget while ensuring all sectional activities are conducted in line with the approved guidelines.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
Manage and ensure effective implementation of policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned sectional activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Forward CV’s to email@example.com
HELPLINE NUMBER: +91-9820020511 / Landline N0: +91-24446677 /11