> SPECIALIST WORK MANAGEMENT
Opening Date: 19-01-2023
AGE LIMIT: 50 YEARS (Genuine Candidates Only – From Different Nationalities)
Working Relationships (internal):
▪ VP – Asset Integrity Management (Refers for major or critical matters and obtains policy guidelines and instructions).
▪ Continuous Improvement Manager – Strategic continuous improvement framework and expert guidance
▪ Continuous Improvement Expert – Asset Integrity Management – Detailed specific guidance on continuous improvement areas
• Manager Shutdown and Planning – Direct priorities and focus/
• Section Head’s/Maintenance Technicians Execution – Work Management process Auditing and improvement and governance.
• Planners & Schedulers – Governance and improvement of efficiency of Planning and scheduling.
• Strategic Spares Expert – Spares consumption and spares delivery management system and process.
• Other Department and AIM Managers including Maintenance Manager – Indirect influence as to understanding areas of improvement for Work Management.
• Other Departments Asset Integrity Sections Heads: Central Workshops, Reliability, Execution – Information with regards to PM and CM Management and execution.
• Other departments, HR, Procurement & Stores, Finance, Administration, QA & QC, HSE and IT personnel to ensure a coordinated engineering service provision.
• ESI Projects – Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
Working Relationships (external)
• SAP ERP Specialists
• Bench marking Consultants and specialist from industry
General Summary:The Role of Work Management Expert is mainly to Govern and ensure compliance to the work management system and to continuously improve the work management system of Emirates Steel. Continuous improvement needs to be in KPI management especially focused on Work management KPI Lagging indicator improvements.
Liaise with other work management stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient work management processes to a continuous improvement in your individual, and Team, Key Performance Indicators.
- Please list 3-4 jobs that are similar in hierarchy which exist within the organization that support the company
1. Finishing Supervisor
- 2. Strategic Spares Expert Reliability – AIM
- 3. SAP Key User & Master Data Officer Shutdown & Planning – AIM
- Mechanical Maintenance & Workshop – AIM
- Reliability – AIM
- Shutdown & Planning – AIM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Account abilities)
The role will ensure the complete management of the work management system working with Strategic Spares Expert, the Materials planning Section head, Continuous improvement Manager and Expert. Manager and Shutdown and Planning Manager and Planning and scheduling teams on site will be the main customers off this role. In addition the role will assist with service delivery to the Reliability Manager in assisting with Reliability KPI’s
The role will continuously Audit and monitor the Work management system and will ensure:
❖ Visible management of work management and reliability performance KPI’s
❖ Continues improvement of the work management system to improve plant Reliability.
❖ Continuous improvement of the efficiency of the work management system to minimize waste of labor throughout the work management system – Spares, Planning, Scheduling, Execution, Operations
❖ Standardization of the work management process across the emirates steel plants working with the Maintenance managers and Plant Managers.
❖ Maximize Schedule compliance or Attainment
❖ Assist the Reliability Manager with implementing Improved maintenance window frequencies.
❖ Assist the Shutdown and planning manager to achieve efficient planning for Major Shutdowns to achieve shorter duration of shutdown and readiness.
❖ Continuously Audit the Work management system for KPI compliance and improvement, Roles and function compliance of Major Stakeholders and roles, Meeting compliance, Agenda compliance, Reporting Compliance.
❖ Continues improvement as per Audit Findings and continuous improvement of the Audit process.
❖ Upkeep of communication of the work management procedure as per system and system changes to all stakeholders with Change management plans.
❖ Ensure alignment of the work management system with current practices and improvements.
❖ Ensure effective implementation and management of spares in Sub stores across the emirates steel site within SAP.
❖ Ensure Alignment of the Work Management System with the management of Spares with the Strategic Spares management Expert and Section Head Material across the emirates steel site.
❖ Ensure with the Continues improvement manager, and Continuous improvement Expert AIM continuous improvement in Work management and spares management costs by implementing Lean Principals.
❖ Manage Automatic KPI’s and management for all Work Management related categories.
❖ Ensure Alignment of the work management process with Reliability Centered maintenance management and relate to Asset Criticality as Per BCM processes and Asset Management Reliability procedures.
❖ Ensure Targeted Tool time is reached and tool time measurement Auditing, training and implementation to reach and ensure emirates steel overall strategic targets are implemented and is sustainable.
Health Safety & Environment:
✓ Running his duties with utmost compliance to Company’s HSE principals, standards, policy and procedures and safety concerns as priorities
✓ Ensure that workplace’s health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the safety of workplace
Demand and Supply Management:
✓ Integrate Works management systems with Spares management systems to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
✓ Assist with Manage and control all functions and activities necessary to control the budgeted plans and the material supply schedules with zero interruption to operation. This function should include mainly but not limited to:
✓ Liaise and coordinate with end users for the best ways to achieve the demand-supply plans.
✓ Assist with Monitoring of the supply scheduling in all its different stages till deliveries to ES and
Policies & Procedures:
✓ Ensure methods, systems & practices followed in communication with stakeholders comply with ES policies and procedures
✓ Check and continuously review operating and safety standards and procedures, updating and modifying as appropriate.
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Any aspect not the core of the job but might be requested
✓ Analyze data to identify opportunities to optimize work management and the total cost management.
✓ Assist the AIM and managers to understand and implement improvement ideas across site.
- ✓ Any other tasks / objectives / functions assigned by his Manager
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities (attributes) required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. All competencies, skills such as computer, technical or linguistic should be mentioned here
✓ Target Driven/Achievement drive
✓ Communication and relationship management
✓ Teamwork & collaboration
✓ Analytical thinking
✓ Familiar with the basic concepts and good practices of inventory management and demand forecasting.
✓ Familiar with the basics of logistics, including the specifics of packaged and bulk marine transportation.
✓ Advanced level of SAP.
✓ Advanced level in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Power Point, Word).
✓ Good written and oral communication skills.
✓ Good interpersonal skills to effectively work in cross functional teams.
✓ Emotionally stable to work in dynamic, fast pacing and challenging environments.
✓ Advanced level of English.
✓ Communication, leadership, administrative and coordination Skills
✓ Awareness & compliance skills of regulatory and integrated management system requirements
✓ Experienced in working in computerized work environment and inventory management including FIFO
✓ Develop and implement action plans and objectives to accomplish company’s goals with respect to
Inventory, budgetary, manpower and contractor’s management.
✓ Awareness, interpretation of Environmental and safety regulations and its compliance.
Minimum Education Qualifications (Must Haves)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering,Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering or possibly Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent
• SAP ERP Systems training or equivalent qualification
Any preferred professional training (Nice to have)
• Continuous Improvement.
• Lean Manufacturing
• Six Sigma
• Maintenance Management Diploma
• Asset or RCM Training
• SAP Works management modules
Professional Experience (Must haves)
• 5 years of experience in Planning or Works management
• 5 years of exposure to ERP systems • Good spoken and written English
• Good knowledge of computer applications.
• Good communication, interpersonal, team working and problem solving skills, ability to thrive in a multi-cultural environment.
Previous Experience/exposure Recommendations (Nice to have)
• Previous experience in Materials Planning and Warehouse management.
• Knowledge of modern techniques and approaches.
• Previous experience in Steel industry planning and scheduling
Key Performance Indicators
Targets and goals that result in the job incumbent’s performance rating in the PRF should be mentioned here
✓ Standard Emirates Steel Work Management KPI’s
✓ Selected Reliability KPI’s
✓ 100% compliance to Health & Safety
✓ Targeted Wrench time achievements
✓ Schedule Compliance and Attainment
✓ Service level to operation
✓ Planning & Scheduling accuracy
✓ Audits conducted and compliance
✓ Internal Customer Satisfaction & Service level to operation
✓ Achieving Results: Sets and Meets Challenging Goals: Sets self and stretch goals
✓ Customer Service: Adds value to the customer: Surprises and pleases the customer by going the “Extra mile” in providing the service
✓ Initiative: Acts ahead of time: Identifies and seizes opportunities : Planning & Organizing
✓ Integrity: Speaks Up: Expresses an independent view
✓ Commercial Awareness : Financial Awareness : Personally Investigates : Goes to where the action is to personally find out more
✓ Complex Thinking : Undertakes a complex analysis : Considers multiple possible causes and effects
✓ Openness to Change : Is prepared to try new approaches : Gives new ideas and methods a go
✓ Change Leadership : Keeps the team informed : Keeps everyone updated on key developments
✓ Developing Capability : Arranges developmental experiences : Sets up developmental assignments and opportunities for others
✓ Holding People Accountable : Sets Boundaries : Says ‘no’ to unreasonable questions
✓ Influencing : Calculates an impact : Plan and uses an approach tailored to the needs of a particular audience
✓ Partnering & Teamwork: Asks for Inputs: Asks others for their ideas and inputs when needed
✓ Working hours from 8.00 AM to 4.00 PM & ensure uninterrupted services 24hrs/7days a Week
✓ Working days from Sunday till Thursday
✓ Working Environment – Office & Shop Floor